Thursday, May 9, 2013

Good Morning, Sweden!

I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat, everybody look at me cause I'm sailing on a boat



No really, we're now on board the Silja Serenade, waiting to pull into port in Stockholm, Sweden.  

Yesterday was a day full of exploring Helsinki on foot.  After another delicious breakfast, we walked to a nearby park and climbed to the top of a big hill for some great views of the town and the Baltic Sea.  My mom and I then walked to the Design Museum and learned about the history of Finnish design. Now we understand the obsession with Angry Birds! Apparantly, the game is a "part of the shift from material art to experiential art" (according to Mother).



Afterwards, we walked around the neighborhood a bit more, picked up lunch (read: cheese, bread and cold cuts) and headed to the ferry.




The overnight boat is impressive! The Serenade has 12 floors, two dedicated solely to duty-free shopping and restaurants, 12th is a sun deck (where Mom and I currently write this post from), a jungle-themed swimming pool complete with a water slide, a dance club and bar, and a giant duty-free food shop dedicated to alcohol and candy.  Our overnight cabin wasn't half bad either!



We are expecting to arrive to Sweden in about an hour.  Until then: Mika maa, Mika valuutta?


1 comment: